Hey Nic,

I really enjoyed reading your blog about the history and evolution of technology and learning theories within open learning!

Your point about open learning being beneficial to people who have busy schedules, as they are able to work at a self-pace. I am one of those people with a very busy life and being able to take online asynchronized courses such as this one, is the main reasons that I have been able to manage working on top of full-time university classes. It has allowed for me to have a more manageable schedule, while effectively working towards my goals.

I also loved how you spoke about the use of podcasts as an educational resource. Podcasts are not talked about nearly as much as other multimedia resources. I feel this is because they are typically longer to listen to and don’t have the aspect of visuals to keep listeners as engaged as with other multimedia platforms. However, this can be good for people who don’t learn well visually. I for instance, am a very visual learner but still like to use podcasts, especially before writing papers, as it helps to get my mind thinking about the topics that I am planning to write about.

I really appreciated and liked your choice of videos and further readings, scattered throughout your post!

Thanks for sharing,

Harmony